For Adults and Scouts
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 1994 16:22:27 LCL
From: Steve Beluch <steve.beluch@SYSLINK.MCS.COM>
Subject: Special Awards
To all my electronic friends and Scouting brothers and sisters:
These are a collection of different awards for different occasions, different jobs or
those special people. These are just a beginning for you to build on. As a scouter you
will soon learn to adapt and to use the resources available to you. All I ask is that as
you advance your own collection and add to your list that you don't forget me. This list
was and continues to be made from the ideas and adaptations from folks just like
yourselves. Send me your ideas so that I might add on to this growing list.
Remember these are A W A R D S. How you make the presentation is just as important as
the award themselves. So ham it up!! Especially with some of the more humorous awards.
Most require about 5 minutes of your time to make, most even less. If it costs you money
then you flunk Scouting 101.
I hope you enjoy these and please don't hog them all for yourself.
Steve Beluch - Des Plaines Valley Council
Awards From The Heart
Our eyes are on you
- For the leader who sets the example. (button eyes on a
large felt U ).
Order of the spare marble
- For the person who's lost 'em. (a marble glued to a small piece of wood or to a string
Spark plug award
- For the person who is the spark of a project. (a spark plug mounted to a piece of wood).
Berry good job
- For the person who did a "Berry good Job". (a wax or plastic berry (any kind)
mounted to a piece of wood).
Heads up award
- For the person who is heads above the rest. (a plastic head mounted above a piece of
wood using a piece of wire to keep the head above the wood).
Measure up award
- Your performance sets the standard. (a ruler mounted to a piece of wood).
- for the person who needs an award! (a dog bone mounted to a piece of wood).
Nuts about the job award
- for the person who had to be nuts. (2 or 3 peanuts glued to a piece of wood).
Order of the bear
- For those that bear up under pressure. (a plastic bear with a tire gauge).
- for those who deserve a kiss. (a Hersey's kiss - silver foil).
Gold Kiss award
- for those who REALLY deserve a kiss. (a Hersey's pecan kiss - gold foil).
Life saver award
- for that person who saved you. (a Lifesaver on a string).
- for the person with great appeal. (a wax or plastic banana mounted on a piece of wood).
Bright Idea award
- For those who had a bright idea. (a light bulb mounted to a piece of wood).
Helping hand award
- For those who was willing to help. ( trace a hand on construction paper mounted to a
piece of cardboard.
Order of the nut
- For one who has to be a little nuts. (a walnut on a string or ribbon).
Hat's off award
- For someone we take our hats off to. (an old hat mounted on a piece of wood).
Right foot award
- For those who got us off on the right foot. (Trace a RIGHT foot-use caution some may not
know left from right).
A note to start on
- For those who got us going. (a musical note mounted on a piece of wood).
Scout spirit award
- For those who show spirit. (Make a ghost from a ball & rag with the scout sign on
"Egg"cellent job / idea / etc award
- For those who did an excellent job. (Hard boiled egg mounted on a piece of wood).
- (FUN style-use a raw egg).
Big heart award
- For those who always seem to have one. (heart shaped craft material of any kind then
Self - Explanitory Awards
Use your crafting ability to mount or prepare the following awards for presentation.
Udderly Ridiculous award
Added a spark
- A candle or small light on a piece of wood.
Expanded our knolwledge
- Elastic band or large rubber band.
Best foot forward
- 12" ruler or a sock with the toe cut off.
- Large heart cut from felt.
Giving an eye-opening performance
- A notepad. use a match book and add paper to the inside (remove matches).
You stuck to it
- A roll of tape or glue stick.
"Egg"citing or "Egg"cellent
- Print words on hardboiled eggs like for Easter.
You banded us together
- A fan (use your imagination) I've even seen raids on the garbage dump.
Thanks a million
Covered the topic
- A target pasted to cardboard with "writing" on it.
Kept us in stiches
Really tacky award
Shell of a good job
Hung in there
- Anything hanging from something (try to get a picture of the person).
Worked like a dog
- A mounted dog biscuit or bone.
- A mounted golf tee or tea bag.
The coveted dime and pin award
Plunged right in award
Give out a "rais-in" pay
- a pyramid of raisins glued to a backing.
Rose to the occasion
- an artificial or ribbon rose.
- A box of N'ice cough drops.
Had a ball
- Mount a ball any size, any kind.
Its "bean" wonderful
- Mount up a lima or other large bean.
Bag of Trix award
Record breaker of any kind
- A 2 x 4 with the word "welcome" printed on it.
Knocked yourself out award
- Mount a small hammer or mini bat.
A real card
A real cut up
- Mount a plastic knife or pair of scissors or a cookie cutter.
For those with a stake in the Scouts future
- A tent stake.
- (or if you really mean it a 2 inch thick T-Bone)
You charged us up
You tickled our funny bone
- A feather mounted to a bone.
The right arm award
- Cardboard arm with the hand in the Scout sign.
- For those who never (or always) blow their own horn.
- Mount a plastic bicycle horn
- Mount a stiff wire through a box of Cheer laundry soap and add pom-poms to the wire.
- For those who are soft spoken but get the job done or never shout.
- For your song leader Mount a note or cleft.
Ringy Dingy Award
- This is for those who are your phone call addicts.
- Mount a plastic phone or two cans on a string.
The band-aid Award
- For those who can fix anything, or, For someone who got a boo-boo.
The Rock Award
- For those who are the rock of the group.
The Alka Seltzer or Fizzy Award
- For those who add fizz to the group or meeting.
The Rope Award
- For those who always tie up the loose ends.
The Crutch Award
- For those who you can lean on.
Key to Success
- For those who were key to making it happen.
- For those who did a whale of job.
- A small football to the person who always is willing to tackle a job.
- For the person who can lick any job.
- Mount an ice cream cone. I've even seen one of those street cones be used.
Order of The Level
- For the person who is one bubble short of plumb.
- Mount a small level.
Soggy Shoe Award
- For the new adult hiker who wore loafers on the 20 miler.
- Old scrungy shoe.
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 22:50:32 -0400
From: "Charlotte S. Jerscheid" <cjersche@CAPACCESS.ORG>
Subject: Re: Request: Adult Award Ideas
In desperation, at our very first Blue & Gold Banquet, I raided the church kitchen
for some latex gloves, blew them up, tied a knot, and awarded my impromptu volunteer
dinner-table cleaners "helping hand" awards. Recently inspired by the list that
was posted here, I came up with a few more of my own:
I Can award, for the Scout/Scouter with the I can do it attitude: a large can
with a capital "I" drawn on
Tea-riffic Scout/Scouter: Lipton (only because they are individually wrapped)
tea bag mounted on posterboard
For You There Is No Equal: a packet of Sweet-n- Low on posterboard
De-pen-dable Award: a ballpoint glued to posterboard You're Stu-pen-dous!: (same
You're Matchless! : an empty book of matches on posterboard
You Hung In There: mounted on posterboard, a piece of the string and some of the
little "clothespins" from a greeting card hanging kit; or just use a couple of
You're a Real Cut-up: two plastic knives, mounted criss-crossed on board
Our Troop Just "Wooden" Be the Same Without You: thin piece of wood (I
used a shim) mounted on cardboard
There are no words to describe you: unsolved crossword puzzle grid (grid only,
You're A-maze-ing: page from a kid's puzzle book (a maze, of course) mounted
You're re-mark-able: magic marker mounted on board
You're De-light-ful: night-light bulb mounted on board
(Note, if some of these are from the other list, I apologize. I'm plagued with CRS
MC, Troop 24, BSA
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 09:19:24 -0800
From: Julie Rodriguez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: stobin @ mmmpcc.org
Subject: Special Awards
Another idea for the Special Awards page (adltawds.html).
We have a Maytag award in our pack for the "Dependability Person". We've
gotten Maytag to pony up a t-shirt and cap for the award. (We were even
trying to arrange a date with the reciepient and "Mr. Lonely", or at
least get one of their life-size displays.)
Just another fun idea.
Last edited: April 13, 2004
The NetWoods Virtual Campsite